|Home||News||Audio||Deals||Classifieds||eBay Auctions||Apps||Daily Buzz Subscribe||A T Guys Store||Login/Register|
|Send us a Note||Help|
HIMS Releases Braille Edge 40 1.1 Upgrade with .RTF, .DOCX Support, More
Alena Roberts Friday, 16-Aug-2013 2:33 PM ET
HIMS has just released a new version of their firmware for the Braille Edge 40. The upgrade includes additional braille tables including Danish and Hebrew, the ability to read and edit TXT, RTF, DOC, and DOCX files in contracted braille, ability to save text in TXT format, and automatic battery warning when the unit has 10% of battery life left. See below for the entire list of new features and instructions on how to upgrade your unit.
Changes for Braille EDGE v1.1
Changed Reset and Power on/off sequences
** Use the following steps to update the Braille EDGE 40:
1) Download the firmware from the following link:
2) Extract the zip file. The zip file should contain 1 file with a .bin extension
3) Copy the .bin file to the root “the top-most directory” of an SD card
4) Connect the SD card to the Braille EDGE and connect the Braille EDGE to AC power
5) Press and hold the F8 key
6) While holding F8, press and release “Reset”
7) Continue to hold F8 until the unit announces “Start System Update”
8) The unit will update and reboot. Please check the “Information” to ensure you’re running software v1.1Category: Notetakers/PDAs
No one has commented on this post.
You must be logged in to post comments.
For the past three years Alena has been a feature writer for the online magazine Matilda Ziegler. She has also been a contractor for the Oregon Commission for the Blind, helping blind adults learn to use adaptive technology. She is studying to be a teacher of the visually impaired at Portland State. You might also recognize her from the Serotalk podcast Triple Click Home.
Share this Post