As Windows 10 adds more hotkeys, especially with the new Anniversary Edition, other programs are trying to avoid keyboard conflicts. Many of the hotkeys for Twitter client Chicken Nugget have fallen into this trap and often didn’t work properly in Windows 10. The new Version 4.2 resolves this and makes the program much easier to use in Windows 10. It also now plays audion from video service Vine, fixes YouTube support, and includes several additional bug fixes. You can download version 4.2 from the source link below, and look at the complete changelog after the jump.
• Added a vastly-improved keymap for Windows 10, consult the keystroke editor for details
• Note: control+windows+w will now hide or unhide the main window regardless which version of Windows you are running.
• Split the keymap out into its own file for easier portability between Nuggets.
• Added support for playing Vine links
• Added a new option, on by default, to Truncate links when displaying them
• Added speaking of your position in the speach cursor, configurable in options dialog
• Fixed events timeline to honor display screen name setting, requires templates to be reset to defaults to see in speech-only mode
• Added announcement of the tweet's position in the timeline when in speech mode
• Fixed Youtube link playback and made it more robust
• Fixed issue which would randomly move the speech index in the events timeline
• Fixed misreporting of tweet length when replying to yourself
• Fixed the command to display a user's likes
• Fixed restoring position to the correct timeline when dismissing timelines
• Fixed issue in the translation system that would sometimes show text from your system locale rather than the configured locale
No one has commented on this post.
You must be logged in to post comments.
J.J. Meddaugh is an experienced technology writer and computer enthusiast. He is a graduate of Western Michigan University with a major in telecommunications management and a minor in business. When not writing for Blind Bargains, he enjoys travel, playing the keyboard, and meeting new people.